The Northlake Police Department strives to protect its citizens from the increasing threat of identity theft. If you suspect you have been a victim of identity theft, or if you’re personal information has been stolen follow the listed instructions immediately.
- Contact the Northlake Police Department and file a report on the unauthorized use of your personal information. Download a copy of the Identity Theft Affidavit (PDF).
- Report unauthorized charges to the appropriate credit issuers immediately by phone and in writing. Cancel the accounts.
- Request a copy of your credit report and review it for unauthorized account activity.
- Contact the three primary credit reporting bureaus to have a security alert or credit freeze placed on your credit report.
- Contact the Texas Attorney General’s Office and download the Identity Theft Victim’s Kit.